Car Accidents Involving Out-of-State Drivers or Nonresidents

If you are involved in a car accident involving out-of-state vehicles in Provo, UT, it is important that you understand the unique laws binding Utah residents. The attorneys at Flickinger Sutterfield & Boulton understand the confusion and distress that often comes with being involved in a car accident. Residents registering a motor vehicle must purchase a policy rider known as personal injury protection, or PIP. State residents injured in a car accident must first file a claim against their own PIP insurance, before seeking additional money damages from the negligent driver's insurance. Unfortunately, nonresidents seeking medical treatment are often told by a local doctor that their auto insurance will cover the bill. Unless they carry PIP insurance on their policies, however, they will be responsible for all medical treatment when the doctor catches up with them.

PIP law has another component to it that is important to understand for nonresidents seeking damages for injuries. Injured parties cannot make a claim for pain and suffering unless they have met certain criteria. However, some of Utah's tort reform laws do not apply to nonresidents who do not carry PIP coverage in their own states. It is important to hire a local attorney to protect your rights when dealing with unfamiliar auto insurance laws.

More Than 50 Combined Years of Utah Insurance Litigation Experience

Flickinger Sutterfield & Boulton, in Provo, is recognized as one of the region's leading personal injury law firms. We have handled thousands of injury claims against national insurance companies and have a successful case history of helping nonresidents recover the full and fair money damages they are entitled to.

Wherever you were involved in a car accident in Utah, call us toll-free at (800) 898-4878 to schedule a free consultation, with no obligation to retain us. We will explain Utah insurance law and help you understand your options for pursuing rightful damages.

Experienced Provo Nonresident Auto Accident Lawyer

We advise and represent clients in personal injury and wrongful death insurance claims cases in Orem, Provo, and communities throughout Utah. Wherever you are in the state, call us toll-free at (800) 898-4878 or contact us by e-mail to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Utah out-of-state car accident attorney. There are no attorneys' fees unless you recover compensation in a settlement or jury award.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite

Provo Office

3000 N University Ave
Ste 300
Provo, UT 84604

Open Today 8:00am - 5:00pm

West Jordan Office

9289 S Redwood Rd
Ste A
West Jordan, UT 84088

Open Today 9:00am - 5:00pm

Orem Office

722 E Heather Rd
Orem, UT 84097

Open Today 8:00am - 5:00pm

Saratoga Springs Office

1332 S Lukas Ln
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045

Open Today 8:00am - 5:00pm