Mark T. Flickinger graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor's degree in 1995. He attended law school at Brigham Young University's J. Reuben Clark Law School, graduating with honors (cum laude) in 1998. He was also selected as an author and aditor of the BYU Journal of Public Law from 1997-1998, publishing "Protecting the Insured in Utah: Rethinking the Interstitial Approach of Allen v. Prudential Property & Casualty Co.," 12 BYU J. Pub. L. 389 (1998), an article regarding Utah insurance contract law. Since being admitted to practice, Mark T. Flickinger has exclusively practiced personal injury representation and litigation in Provo, UT.
Mark is very passionate about representing injured victims, and immediately upon being accepted to the Bar, he joined the Utah Trial Lawyers Association - now the Utah Association for Justice. He currently serves on the Board of Governors of the Utah Association for Justice, a post he has held since 2005. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice, the Utah State Bar, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court.
Mark frequently lectures at continuing legal education seminars on topics pertaining to personal injury litigation. Among other topics, he has spoken about insurance law, auto collision law, personal injury litigation, and personal injury settlement issues.
Mark is fluent in Italian.
Mark was born in Phoenix, Arizona. He spends most of his time with his wife Diane and their 5 children. Together, they love to travel and enjoy Utah's incredible outdoors. Mark is also an avid Scouter, and spends several weekends a year as Scoutmaster in the high Uintah Mountains and on Mount Timpanogos.
He also is a passionate cyclist, and can frequently be found riding up Provo Canyon. Occasionally, he sets his road bike aside for a pair of running shoes when a race is around the corner.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death
- Trucking Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Passenger Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Serious Injuries
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Products Liability Law
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motor Home/RV Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Third Party Work Injuries
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Premises Liability
- Defective Products
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Malpractice
- Dram Shop Liability
- Legal Malpractice
- Utah, 1998
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. cum laude - 1998
- Honors: Phi Delta Phi
- Law Journal: The BYU Journal of Public Law, Editor, 1997 - 1998
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, USA
- B.S. - 1995
- Author and Editor, "Protecting the Insured in Utah: Rethinking the Interstitial Approach of Allen v. Prudential Property & Casualty Co.", 12 BYU J. Pub. L. 389, 1998
- West v. Holley, 27 UT 97 (2004)
- Rose v. Provo City, 2003 UT App 77 (2003)
- Berneau v. Martino, UT 87, 223 P.3d 1128 (2009)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Utah Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2005 - Present
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Utah State Bar, Member
Mark T. Flickinger peer reviewed rating.